- Duration: 3 hours
- Participants: 15
- Difficulty: beginner/advanced
Using my collection of Indian wooden printing blocks and inks, you will print fabrics to then be used for your elephant appliqué design. We will continue to embellish these ceremonial elephants with machine stitching, gold foils, beads and sequins, completing the project with Rajasthani tassels.
The kit will cost € 12 and will include the use of my printing blocks and inks on the day.
Students will be very close to finishing at the end of the session.
- All purpose machine thread
- Machine quilting threads (grey/black plus bright colours) to suit plus metallic machine threads
- Baking parchment 10” x 10” approx.
- 505 Basting Spray (Optional)
- Hand sewing kit to include needles, Scissors for fabric, Pencil, Pins etc.
- Sewing machine and extension lead, instruction book and attachments
- Walking foot and all-purpose foot. If you have an over-cast foot bring this but don’t buy one specially.
- Quilting/Jeans stitch needles No 12 and Metallica needles No 14 if you are bringing metallic threads
- Rotary cutter, mat and ruler
- Plastic bag for trimmings
- Bin liner to protect table
Class Fee: € 75
The class fee includes admission for the day of the class!
- Class Title: Elephants on Parade
- Class ID: PAR-EP
All images ©Pat Archibald, used with kind permission of the artist.