Since 2016 I am a qualified quilt judge accredited by the Quilters’ Guild of the British Isles. As a Spaniard living in Hamburg and with close ties to Britain, I enjoy exploring the quilting scene in each of these countries, as a member of their guilds. Having started in 2002 with traditional quilts, I moved into contemporary and art quilts, with a passion for miniatures.
I love creating quilts based on themes and techniques I select myself, but I also like taking part in challenges: they get me out of my comfort zone and help me to discover new approaches. Some of my work has won prizes at judged exhibitions, such as the Festival of Quilts and the World Quilt Competition by Mancuso. Some has also been selected for juried ones, such as Textile News 4 and 5.
I have been invited to judge at the following festivals:
- 2021 Quiltfestival Noord Groningen (The Netherlands) – virtual judging
- 2020 Beyond the Festival of Quilts (UK) – virtual judging
- 2019 The Festival of Quilts, Birmingham (UK)
- 2018 Grit’s Life & Friends Quiltfest, Suderburg (Germany)
- 2017 The Festival of Quilts, Birmingham (UK)
- 2016 Ammersbeker Patchwork Festival, Ammersbek (Germany)
All images ©Mari-Carmen Pujante, used by kind permission of the artist.