- Duration: 3 hours
- Number of participants: 15
- Level of difficulty: beginner/advanced
These autumn leaves are created using nylon organza and freely stitched borders to create the shape of the leaves. The leaves are then “made autumnal” with the help of a hot air dryer.
It is really fun to gradually shape these leaves – and this technique can also be transferred to other shapes such as trees, shells or fossils.
Together we will also sew a beautiful background and make cord from wool or wire to integrate these leaves into a suitable environment.
No special previous knowledge is required for this course.
The materials package can be purchased on site at a cost of €4 and includes:
- Polyester organza for the leaves and background
- Special wire
- Machine embroidery thread (for sharing)
- Sewing machine with a normal presser foot and a quilting or embroidery foot.
- Scraps 50 x 50 cm thin polyester organza in 2 to 3 autumn colours; they can also be very small scraps! (see materials package)
- Lurex scraps, if available
- 30 x 30 cm fabric or felt in autumn colour for the background (see materials package)
- 30 x 30 cm thin fleece
- Pins, preferably with glass or metal heads
- Fabric scissors and a small pair of scissors
- Machine embroidery thread in autumn colours (see materials package)
- Thin bobbin thread (e.g. Aerofil by Madeira, cotton thread no. 50 by Aurifil), matching the colour of the machine embroidery threads
- Embroidery or quilting machine needles (no. 75 or 80)
- 1 embroidery hoop approx. 18 cm Ø, preferably wood
- 1 heat gun
- 1 cork board approx. 20 x 20 cm and at least 1 cm thick or ironing board with baking paper
- 1 marking pen to mark on polyester organza (Pilot FriXion works very well!)
Class Fee: € 75
The class fee includes the admission fee to the show for the day of the class!
- Class Name: Autumn Leaves
- Class ID: IWI-HB
All images ©Isabelle Wiessler, used with kind permission of the artist.